Friday, January 20, 2012

Hakuna Matata?

It means no worries, for the rest of your days. 

Lion King.. we all know of coarse one of the great Disney classics
but today while I watched it among, yes other grown adults, 
I watched it from a different point of view. 

I thought about all those beautiful children and all the worries of their days. 
What am I going to eat today?
Will I eat today?
What am I going to do with my life?
Can I have an education?
Will I ever be loved?
Will I ever love?
What is the purpose of my life?

Worries, that yes we worry about in the States as well...
but when your these children.. these questions...these are questions of survival. 

Then I wonder about the verse Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious abut your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?"

I know these children are anxious about  every second, of every day. 
But there is a God who is watching over them every second, of every day.
They worry about what tomorrow   brings
But God has seen tomorrow and has taken care of what  He will bring.

He says "Hakuna Matata
Do not worry my child for the rest of your precious days.


Faith bigger than fear




No comments:

Post a Comment